Why is Teeth Whitening Treatment Becoming Increasingly Popular?
Having stained or discolored teeth can be quite embarrassing. It is human nature to wish for whiter teeth since it is the number one aesthetic concern among many individuals. Some are born with a sparkling smile, while others have to strive for it!
Teeth whitening is a popular cosmetic procedure that is gaining momentum in today’s image-conscious world. family and cosmetic dentistry in Jackson Heights provide simple, noninvasive teeth whitening treatments for those who crave healthy, and whiter teeth to make their smile aesthetically pleasing.
What exactly is a teeth whitening procedure?
Teeth whitening or bleaching is a simple procedure to enhance the color of your teeth. It cannot make your teeth brilliant white, but it can lighten the existing color by several shades.
A home teeth whitening system is the most widely used method that will brighten your teeth and enhance your smile. It is essential to remove any crowns or restorations since teeth whitening agents only work on natural tooth enamel.
Furthermore, you will require periodic maintenance touch-ups every several years since teeth whitening is not permanent. Your teeth are prone to discoloration if you smoke, or drink tea, coffee, and wine.
Why do I need teeth whitening?
Not all require teeth whitening since many are blessed with naturally brighter and white teeth.
Your dentist may recommend teeth whitening for the following reasons:
- Tooth discoloration due to fluorosis (excess fluoridation during tooth development)
- Normal wear of the outer tooth layer
- Staining of teeth due to medications like tetracycline
- Yellow, brown discoloration of teeth due to excess smoking, or tobacco use
How is teeth whitening performed?
A home teeth whitening system is a convenient and simple method that most dentists recommend. It usually involves two dental visits.
- Your dentist will evaluate the severity of your tooth discoloration and assess your social habits to determine the cause.
- A full mouth impression will be recorded and sent to the laboratory.
- The lab technician will fabricate custom, clear, plastic trays according to the measurements recorded from the impression.
- During your second visit, the dentist will try the trays to check for proper fit, and adjustments will be made if necessary.
- You will be advised to use the trays with a special whitening agent twice a day for 30 minutes. However, overnight use is also suggested depending on the degree of staining and desired level of whitening.
Is it worth the hype?
Teeth whitening or bleaching treatments are available to satisfy every budget, time frame, and temperament. Virtually when you opt for a teeth-whitening solution, you can experience moderate to substantial improvement in the brightness and whiteness of your smile.