Droopy Eyelid Surgery, Singapore: Is the Procedure Worth it?
Medically, drooping of the eyelid is referred to as ptosis. There are several reasons why you may get a droopy eyelid.
Key among these includes damage to the nerve that controls your eyelid muscles, or swelling of your eyelid. Complications with muscle strength may also lead to ptosis.
If the drooping eyelid is causing problems with your vision, you may want to consult with a specialist for a droopy eyelid surgery in Singapore. Learn more about the procedure on this page: https://tesclinic.com/services/blepharoplasty-eyelid-surgery/.
Is Eyelid Surgery Risky?
To begin with, droopy eyelid surgery or blepharoplasty is a transformative cosmetic procedure done primarily to improve the appearance of the eyes. It achieves this by addressing common concerns that cause drooping or sagging eyelids, like excess skin, fat and muscles.
If you’ve been given the green light to proceed with your droopy eyelid surgery in Singapore, your plastic surgeon will delicately remove or reposition the concerns that cause droopy or sagging eyelids. This should help restore a more refreshed and youthful look to your eyes.
We get it; the droopy eyelid surgery may sound risky. However, it is a procedure that has proven to be safe and effective in counteracting the effects of genetic predispositions or aging.
Also, in Singapore it is a procedure that’s routinely performed by skilled and experienced surgeons, thus minimizing the risks of potential complications. In the hands of a qualified professional, this procedure can yield remarkable aesthetic improvements and most importantly, boost self-confidence.
And what’s more, the risks associated with blepharoplasty are minimal, and serious complications are rare. However, as with any surgery, it is important that you’re made aware of the potential risks involved before consenting to the procedure.
Potential risks may include temporary bruising, swelling, or discomfort in the treated area. But these are normal aspects of the healing process so; still there isn’t a cause for concern.
There are isolated cases though where the patient may experience a slight asymmetry between the eyelids during the initial stages of recovery. Again, this tends to resolve over time as the tissues settle into their new position.
Rare but possible complications may include infection, bleeding, adverse reactions to anesthesia, or scarring. However, with meticulous preoperative evaluation, adherence to best practices in surgical techniques, and proper postoperative care, the likelihood of experiencing these issues is significantly minimized.
To ensure the highest level of safety and successful outcomes, it is crucial that you select a board-certified plastic surgeon with expertise in eyelid surgery. Through open and honest communication, your surgeon will carefully evaluate your unique circumstances, including medical history and aesthetic goals, to tailor the procedure accordingly.
This comprehensive approach maximizes the chances of achieving the desired results while minimizing the associated risks. Here are seven more things to know about droopy eyelid surgery in Singapore:
- No two droopy eyelid surgeries are the same: It is crucial to recognize that every individual’s anatomy and aesthetic goals are unique. A skilled surgeon will thoroughly assess your needs and create a customized treatment plan tailored to achieve the best possible outcome. This personalized approach ensures that your droopy eyelid surgery addresses your individual concerns, resulting in a more harmonious and natural-looking appearance.
- Results vary, but expect tighter, brighter, more open eyes: Following the healing period after surgery, patients commonly notice tighter and more youthful-looking eyelids. The procedure can help alleviate drooping, excess skin, and puffiness, resulting in a brighter, more open-eyed appearance. We have to mention though that that the individual healing and response to the surgery may vary. So, you will need to maintain realistic expectations throughout the process.
- Recovery process after blepharoplasty is typically easy: A knowledgeable plastic surgeon will give you clear and easy-to-follow postoperative guidelines. You must follow these guidelines to ensure a smooth recovery process. The instructions, in this case, may include steps to minimize swelling and bruising, and the appropriate use of prescribed eye drops or ointments. They may also list specific activities to avoid during the initial healing period like drinking alcohol or smoking for example. You must adhere to these guidelines to speed up your recovery and minimize the risks of complications.
- Temporary blurred vision: This is also possible and the good news is that it tends to resolve really quickly. The temporary blurred vision you may experience post your droopy eyelid surgery in Singapore is typically due to mild corneal swelling, which can occur as a result of the surgical procedure. Your surgeon will provide you with eye lubricants to keep your eyes moist and comfortable. Your vision should return to normal within two or three days. It is unnecessary to use eye patches after the surgery.
- Some scarring is possible but typically well-hidden: Like any surgical procedure, blepharoplasty may result in minimal scarring. However, skilled surgeons employ meticulous techniques and place incisions in inconspicuous locations, such as the natural creases of the eyelids, to ensure that any scars are discreet and easily concealed. Over time, these scars usually fade out and become significantly less noticeable.
- Long-lasting results are achievable: One of the best things about droopy eyelid surgery in Singapore is that the results can be long-lasting. While the aging process continues naturally, the removal of excess skin and fat from the eyelids will give you a rejuvenated appearance that can be maintained for several years to come. The longevity of the results may vary depending on individual factors like genetics, lifestyle choices, and overall skincare regimen.
- It is important that you meet the criteria for candidacy: Well, not every person is an ideal candidate for blepharoplasty. So, to be considered a good candidate for droopy eyelid surgery in Singapore, you will need to meet certain criteria. Key among these is having realistic expectations about the outcome of the procedure. You will also need to be in good overall health, and not smoking. Smoking can interfere with the healing process.
It’s a Wrap!
Droopy eyelid surgery is definitely worth it. The most important thing is to be a good candidate for the procedure, find a skilled plastic surgeon and follow the post-treatment guidelines to the latter to experience the best results.
At Tes Clinic, our expert surgeons specialize in enhancing your natural beauty, providing personalized care and exceptional results. Whether you’re seeking to address droopy eyelids, facial wrinkles, or other aesthetic concerns, our team is dedicated to helping you achieve your goals.
Take the first step towards a more confident and youthful you by scheduling your consultation with Tes Clinic today. Your rejuvenation journey starts here! Get in touch with us at:
TES Clinic for Face and Jaw
304 Orchard Road,
Lucky Plaza Suites #05-42,
+65 9735 9930