Benefits of vascular ultrasound
Vascular ultrasound is performed to understand and assess the flow of blood to various organs and tissues of the body and to identify and locate any kind of blockages and abnormalities such as blood clots, plaque formation, etc. If your doctor has advised you for angioplasty, even then, vascular ultrasound is done to determine if you are a good candidate for such a procedure. Vascular ultrasound is also known as duplex ultrasound or Doppler ultrasound, which uses sound waves to produce the desired results.
Benefits of Brooksville vascular ultrasound:
- Non-invasive: Vascular ultrasound uses sound waves to create images of blood vessels. It does not require any kind of invasive procedure where needles are used.
- Produces real-time result: Vascular ultrasound gives real-time images of blood flowing in your body which helps healthcare professionals to assess whether or not blood is properly getting circulated in your body. This real-time result even helps your healthcare provider to detect various conditions such as deep vein thrombosis.
- Fast and convenient: It is a quick procedure that is done in an outpatient setting. Vascular ultrasound procedure does not require any special preparation, and you do not need bed rest post-vascular ultrasound test. This not only provides convenience to the patient but also to the health care providers.
- Cost-effective: The cost of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) or CT scan is quite high. In comparison to these procedures, vascular ultrasound is not just cheaper but also better at times due to the convenience it provides.
- No risk of getting exposed to radiation: During the vascular ultrasound procedure, no radiation is used, and therefore, you can go for this test without being worried.
- Used in various applications: The result of vascular ultrasound is used to evaluate multiple diseases that affect the blood vessels, such as arterial disorders. Vascular ultrasound is also useful in the diagnosis of deep vein thrombosis, aneurysms, peripheral artery disease, etc.
- Patient-friendly procedure: Vascular ultrasound procedure is a painless and non-invasive method that is used to create images of blood vessels. It is a procedure that is very well tolerated by patients. You do not require any kind of sedation or anesthesia, and it is also an outpatient procedure where you do not need to stay at the hospital or take bed rest.
During the examination of vascular ultrasound, you will be asked to remove your clothes and your jewelry. Moreover, you need to understand that along with several benefits that vascular ultrasound provides, it has certain limitations too.