Merits Of Wellness Program And The Services Offered
Wellness is a holistic approach to physical, mental, and spiritual well-being, revitalizing the body, enhancing the mind, and nurturing the spirit. This can be achieved through practicing healthy lifestyle habits to lose weight and improve your overall quality of life.
Ashburn wellness program comprises several natural approaches to rejuvenate your health, prevent diseases, and achieve the goals you desire.
An insight into a wellness program
A wellness program is defined as a comprehensive health initiative designed to enhance well-being through a healthy diet, exercise, stress management, and disease prevention.
Merits of wellness program
Several healthcare professionals offer wellness programs intending to connect with their patients to establish a strong and ethical bond. Depending on your physique, health needs, and expectations your doctor will evaluate your overall health and wellness to determine your health concerns. This helps them design specific wellness programs and partner with you to achieve optimal health.
Through wellness programs, your doctor can:
- Help in weight loss or weight maintenance
- Modify your unhealthy eating habits
- Guide you through disease prevention
- Offer exercise therapies that best suit your physique for favorable outcomes
- Navigate through mental, emotional, or social obstacles to wellness
Exploring services included in the wellness program
Your customized wellness program may include the following services to achieve optimal health:
Extensive medical examination
- Your doctor must be aware of your current health status.
- This is possible through a medical history to record several aspects of your life such as:
- Debilitating conditions like diabetes or hypertension
- Medication history
- Family history
- History of any previous diseases or surgeries
- Presence of habits like smoking or alcoholism
- A physical exam is an important component to check for any abnormal lumps or growths in your body or noticeable skin changes.
- Your doctor may order lab tests to determine your blood count, thyroid profile, liver or kidney panel, and urine analysis.
- You may also be advised to undergo imaging tests like routine X-rays.
- ECG may be necessary since it helps evaluate the condition of your heart.
Diet and exercise
- Your doctor will design a favorable diet and exercise plan according to the assessment conducted, your individual needs, and your physique.
- This includes different exercises, meal replacement options, and the need for supplements.
- This greatly helps you to identify the triggers that lead to overeating and helps you deal with negativism towards obesity in society.
- It also addresses the psychological issues associated with improper eating.
Wellness programs are excellent tools to help you achieve a healthy mind, body, and spirit. However, it takes patience, perseverance, and consistency to regain balance and restore health.