Thermage Therapy Aftercare To Maximize Its Benefits
Looking old is not an option in the progressive technology era we live in….it can be delayed. Thermage is a technology that has proved worth skin rejuvenation without surgery. The skin tightening treatment involves heating the deep skin layers to kindle the cell turnover.
It is a process that activates the regeneration of proteins called collagen and elastin. These are protein fibers that form the skin’s supportive structure. Restoring this protein fiber meshwork helps to tighten the skin making it look firm and young.
The RF therapy has proven to improve sagging and contours after a single session. The treatment is beneficial to skin texture as the wrinkles and fine lines gradually minimize and vanish.
Radiofrequency bulk heating can capably act in the same way on other body parts like arms, thighs, knees, legs, buttocks, and abdomen. There is hardly any downtime but there are aftercare measures to be taken to maximize the favorable results.
What preparation is needed for RF therapy?
Patients with hectic lifestyles can choose to rejuvenate their skin and stay young for long as they grow old. As the therapy is non-invasive, you don’t need to prepare but there are some crucial reminders.
- Tell the provider, if you have metal implants or a pacemaker in the body.
- Disclose active skin infection in target spots.
- Don’t wear contact lenses during therapy.
- Remove metal jewelry.
- Stay hydrated for 2 to 3 days before the scheduled appointment.
- Shower and apply high-quality hydrating moisturizer in the treatment region.
- Never apply makeup for a couple of days before treatment.
- Take pain killers, if you are anxious about discomfort.
What to expect after RF treatment?
After the Thermage FLX session, you can expect –
- The target area skin will be a little pinkish but will vanish within 24 hours. It will not deter your usual activities. You can even wear make-up instantly after treatment.
- After the treatment micro-swelling is expected because of the RF heat produced. There is stimulation in the deep skin tissue, which is the main focus of this treatment. The swelling subsides within a couple of days.
- After treatment, the outcomes are subtle but will be noticeable over the next 3 to 6 months because the new collagen production persists along with skin toning.
Potential side effects of RF therapy
You need to be familiar with the potential side effects and what action to take right from the start of treatment.
- You may experience transient tingling on the target site but it automatically resolves within a week.
- Surface irregularities may happen but are not evident instantly after the therapy. It can pop up a few weeks later.
- Due to heating, the skin’s upper layer can show burns, sores, and scab formation. However, this is rare!
- You can feel nodules or lumps under the skin that generally occurs in neck region but gets resolved within a couple of weeks.
- Pigment changes can be seen like skin darkening but it vanishes within a couple of months.
Under proper care at Reten 熱瑪吉 [Hong Kong medical beauty] clinic, you don’t need to be concerned about aftercare but follow the given skincare protocols to maximize the outcomes.